(Image courtesy of Angie of 1000 Words Photography)
We are Aly and Ben of La Luz Photography. So, you want to know who we are? Here are the basics:
The Personal Stuff
* We’ve been a couple since 2001, married since 2005 and parents since 2008. We still like each other a lot and enjoy traveling to places like NYC where we take photos like this:
* Here’s our son, Henry, who we think is the bee’s knees:
(Image courtesy of Eliza Truitt Photography)
* When we’re not creating images you might find Aly baking or quilting , while Ben plays soccer. Or you might catch us running around Woodland Park Zoo or playing at Greenlake with Henry.
The Biz Stuff
* Aly decided to go into the photography business shortly after her wedding to Ben. She went to the Photo Center NW to ensure a solid photography education. After all, lots of people have nice cameras, but don’t you want your photographer to have an education?
* Aly pretty much runs the La Luz show, and Ben is the best wedding assistant and second-shooter she could have ever asked for.
* Since beginning with La Luz, we’ve received several awards that made us blush (named Best Photographer in Seattle by Citysearch, Wedding Wire Bride’s Choice award 5 years running), but what really keeps us in this gig are our phenomenal clients who entrust us with capturing their most precious memories. We have seriously lucked out and have had the good fortune of working with some really incredible folks.
* We shoot with all Canon digital equipment. (For you gear heads: 5d Mk II & 5d bodies + an array of fabulous glass)
That’s us! Now… what about you?